Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wistful reminisces

When even stiff gusts of wind
can't snuff out the spark of dying embers

When even the ravages of time fail
to obliterate that image from your mind

When the passing years cannot wear away
traces of those bittersweet memories

When the whisper of the silent zephyr
brings to mind that raucous laughter

When in the eddies of puddle
you discern a familiar sylph like form

When in tense times of distress
emerges a seraphic smile to soothe

When you haven't forgotten her
long after she has forgotten you

2 comments:

Winnie the poohi said...

beauty! :D :D

Kartik Srinivasan said...

Ah! Can't believe I wrote this...its damn beautiful, I simply loved it! Sorry for this bout of self praise (my friends would say thats nothing new)...but this time I really feel like it...I particularly love the last line. Actually it was the last stanza that came to my mind first and then I composed the entire poem inspired by that one stanza.