Tuesday, December 9, 2008

'I' defined

I am higher than the low,
lower than the high

I am wiser than the fool,
and stupider than the wise

I am straighter than the crooked
yet not quite in line

I am livelier than the dullard
but not that full of life

I am simpler than the abstruse
oh, yet not so easy to define

They deem me impulsive
unbeknownst of my shrewd design

When they praise my humility
I find myself puffed with pride

I can dwell in dreams of beauty
yet let pragmatism decide

So don't ascribe me one quality
for I am a bit of either side

4 comments:

Winnie the poohi said...

hey! I love this one!

Athena said...

'So don't ascribe me one quality
for I am a bit of either side'

My reply to this is:-

'I would not dare typecast you,for you are calm pool and hungry tide'

Kartik Srinivasan said...

thanks meenie :)

wow! athena...even i wudnt dare to describe myself as such...thanks!

citiding said...

Good work, nice poem.