Monday, December 15, 2008

Devoted love

One prompt from you, O love
Shall unleash my tumultuous outpour
I shall kiss you till Kingdom comes
And place you on the divine pedestal

You have worshiped me in love
Undeserving though I am
Now my love is awakened
And you are its only God

Only in my protective arms
Shall you find eternal peace
Only in your soothing shade
Shall I forget my worries

Let us have but each other
No other world apart
Let me immerse in you
As you dissolve in me

this is a rendering of one of my favorite romantic Hindi songs, an evergreen one...its not an exact literal translation (no fun in that!) and also I have interchanged the placement of one of the stanzas. Lets see if someone can guess which song it is...one clue, the 3rd stanza is closest to the Hindi original in a literal manner.

4 comments:

citiding said...

Truly romantic...

Winnie the poohi said...

baho mein chale aao ?

Kartik Srinivasan said...

na :P

thanks cityding!

Kartik Srinivasan said...

I just realized after seeing this poem after a long while that even I myself had forgotten which Hindi song it was. I had a faint suspicion about one particular song. Then thankfully it was the clue which I had given, which confirmed it was what I thought. The song which I have adapted here (since its not literal translation) is "Mere dil mein aaj kya hai tu kahe to main batadoon" from the film "Daag" starring Rajesh Khanna, Sharmila Tagore, Rakhee