Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No word for it

I know this is not done, but right now I feel like a mute with no words, yet who is overwhelmed with torrents of feelings that it is difficult to repress, to keep quiet, so I borrow words of others - I came across the following passage while reading a novel and it expresses my sentiments in the raw tormenting manner I feel

“Have you ever wanted something, Sidonie, so badly that it almost maddened you?” he finally said. “Something that made you itch from the inside out, that kept you sitting on the edge of your bed every night with your head in your hands and your heart in your throat? Something you almost, almost had—and then you lost it so suddenly it made you ache with…with what, I don’t know. Frustration? Thwarted desire? No. I have no word for it.”

- in Ch 9 of A Devil To Pay by Liz Carlyle

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it could not have been said better than this !

Athena said...

Lovely sentence full of feeling.

Athena's blessing-may you obtain what you truly desire in life :P

Musings... said...

Beautiful...you have a very colorful blog! ;)

Kartik Srinivasan said...

@Pretty, Athena - Thanks for. Alas, these words are not mine

@Romantic Enchantress - Thanks, I will thank my friend who gave me advice on the color schemes...but if u mean colorful in the sense of rangeela, then i congratulate myself :)

buddy said...

y so much pain?

Kartik Srinivasan said...

happens maccha, at times

but it makes u feel alive, so perhaps its for good. thanks.