Thursday, June 24, 2010

Confused sentiments

A romantic can shrug off romance,
But what would he do without it?
What would an ox do, even if freed,
when the yoke has been part of its entire life?

Love is a bitter pill at times
A horrible and slow torture by fire
But nothing else gives such ecstasy,
Nothing else makes one feel truly alive

My words come out all twisted
Not expressing what I feel
But then do I know what I really feel!
For never before I've felt so confused

But this much I know for sure
She brings peace to my troubled heart
Yet she also creates a storm
that raises huge waves off a quiescent surface
She robs what she gives
And then gives what she robs

Is wisdom in going forward,
Or is it in letting her come?
Is wisdom in opening up, accepting,
Or is it in being intriguing?
And why this fixation with being wise!
After all, is it wise to be wise,
Or wise to be a fool?
For she makes me look like a fool, even when I act wisely.

Dear Lord! How foolish I am about all this
for I know that she is none the wiser about this than me.

Only one thing I wish to know,
one thing to bring me peace.
Do I confuse her, O Lord?
As much as she confuses me!

No comments: