Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tearjerkers

Something just struck me suddenly right now like - Voila!!
I realized what it is that brings tears to my eyes (apart from onions that is) - in short what moves me emotionally.

I know, it doesn't sound much manly - boys don't cry and all that.
But hey, I only get attracted to women and I can't think like one - enough proof to suggest I'm masculine enough. And also I'm a man who has always loved romantic novels (except lately) - so yeah, your truly can cry and is safely man enough. Anyways, I am getting distracted over here. The point is what moves me emotionally...sufficiently enough to bring tears to my eyes - and I realized that its when someone's being just nice, showing goodness of heart, plain ol' selfless spirit, showing courage and high moral values, and loving someone more than oneself.

Yes'day I was watching this movie "Just My Luck" and towards the end both the protagonists are willing to kiss each other to transfer their good luck to the other person - Oh! so romantic, Oh so nice!! I remember the climaxes of "Courage Under Fire" and "Glory" bringing tears to my eyes like no other flicks ever did - by plain depiction of courage, of selfless spirit, of putting others before one, of doing one's duty, an' discharging one's responsibility.

I guess, old and cynical though I have grown to be - very much a sceptic of romantic values - it makes me happy that still, deep down I appreciate them, I admire them. I am happy that I admire, I value the right things even if I may not always live by them. I know I'm dirty, but I know what its to be clean and that cleanliness is better. That leaves at least a small trace of hope to live life with. :-)

No comments: