Friday, January 1, 2016

Nannu vidachi kadalakura Ramayya Rama

Beautiful kriti by Thyagaraja in that ever melodious soulful Reetigowla raga

Detailed translation can be found courtesy the following link based on which I have been able to versify as below

http://thyagaraja-vaibhavam.blogspot.in/2007/07/thyagaraja-kriti-nannu-vidachi-raga.html

Attaining the fortune of reaching your blessed feet
Is like the shade of wish fulfilling Kalpa tree

Its like holding one's breathe to find
The most precious pearl in deep sea

Its like digging deep into the bowels of earth
To find vast unimaginable treasury

Its like being relieved of years of drought
With your Grace raining heavily

After this suffering, now dont deny me your love
This body is but your property

I cant bear separation for even a second
Dont move away abandoning me

O Rama the entrancing
O Rama the warrior
O Rama the munificent
O Rama the Lord of all


2 comments:

Nagesh Kumar CS said...

Correct translation Thanks a lot

Kartik Srinivasan said...

Thankyou very much Sir. I dont know Telugu - so its basis English translations that I have composed this. You seem to know the language and have affirmed its correctly understood - so thanks. You have inspired me to listen to this song again today - Thyagaraya compositions of Lord Rama are always wonderful to listen to.