Thursday, November 12, 2009

Let it go

"Whatever happens is for the good", they say
But you object to simply believe.
It may perhaps be wrong, but I say
what other option does that leave?

Vainly I used to think
That the future lay in my hands
Till one day I opened my fist
and out spilled past sands

Another blow and I assumed
that I shall pierce the hard stuff
So on I persisted cutting the tree
When my axe wasn't sharp enough

So one day I opened that hand
One day examined my axe edge
I realized I was holding onto things
That I should have left long behind
Still cutting the same tree without luck
When trees abounded that forest kind.

When we never let go off the past
How can we lay claim to the future?
How can we deserve success
When we choose to persist with failures.

The path to victory may sometimes
inexplicably start by acknowledging defeat -
By leaving a vain pursuit
Realizing the truth about oneself
What one can do, and what one cannot

To look towards the future
One has to make peace with the present.

Instead of always looking for what you expect
Let the unexpected have a look at you
For believe me, the quirks of Fate
shall benefit you, only if you allow them to.

3 comments:

Winnie the poohi said...

Still thinking about it.. will come back to write a long long comment :)

Winnie the poohi said...

Okay a question.. does this have a message for me? :P :P

When I mention faith it is in a different context as you use faith...

You know what I agree with you in whatever you have expressed here and yet I feel it is not clearing my doubts :)

Kartik Srinivasan said...

No, it was just a reflection of my mind, with regards to myself. But yes, it may be applicable to others too who are in a similar position.

About faith - one can have faith in oneself which is based on some substance. The problem occurs when one is deluded and obsessively keeps at something even when he/she knows its not possible.